If you are an experienced Support Engineer looking for your next challenge working with modern technologies then this is worth a read! I am working with a successful and fast growing data driven technology business in the UK who have made a sophisticated yet intuitive software product to provide data analytics in a unique way. This is a passionate and entrepreneurial business who are seeking a likeminded people to ideally work from their head office in York although remote options will be considered.
This is a role with many facets to it, initially a major project will be to migrating hosting to Azure and Linx although you will also be heavily involved in Windows Server support alongside a variety of both support a variety of web and database technologies. This is a role suited to a team player and sociable individual who puts people first.
What you will be doing:
- Reconfiguring and general support of the companies application involving deployments in both data centres such as Windows Servers, virtual machines and database platforms and in the cloud which will be Azure
- Monitor and respond to server problems ensuring best practice and downtime is kept to a minimum
- Support internal tools such as Active Directory and Slack
- Get involved in the future direction of the company through technical discussions with various stakeholders
- Assist clients with maintaining their own hosting environments
- Working alongside the rest of the support and customer teams investigate and resolve issues as they arise
What you need to have:
- Strong technical knowledge and problem solving skills
- Azure administration experience, being certified is desirable
- Familiar with Windows Servers and Kubernetes
- Microsoft SQL Sever
- Containerisation experience with Docker
- Knowledge of Elastic Stack would be benefictisal
- Importantly must be very strong communicator and able to work with clients
What you will get:
- Strong benefits package
- Competitive pay
- Work with modern technology and a bright and collaborative team
- A large degree of autonomy
This is a great position within a business full of people passionate about what they do with enough variety in the work to keep you busy and challenged throughout your employment. If it sounds like you please do apply today.