Yorkshire but remote working at present.
As the Technical Lead, you will be responsible for developing our engineering talent through recruitment, mentoring, coaching and enabling the team to provide quality and timely deliveries.
You will be part of a small but very effective and growing development team of software developers and firmware developers. This is a huge opportunity for someone who is a self-starter with the initiative and enthusiasm to shape and leave their mark.
Salary range for this position - £55,000 - £70,000
The Ideal Candidate:
- A strong degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or Physics.
- Passionate about technology, and programming with an excitement to learn new technologies.
- Strong Tech Lead experience
- Possess good communication skills - the role requires some interaction with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Experience working in a remote environment is desirable.
- Knowledge of the casino gaming industry is a plus.
Essential Skills Required:
- Java and or C#
- Spring / Spring MVC
- Agile development
Responsibilities & Required Skills:
- System Architecture: Improve and support the existing architecture system working with both software and firmware teams.
- Functional Specifications: You will be responsible for working closely with the product team and reviewing all customer requirements and delivering to plan.
- Coding: As an expert, you will be hands-on with development teams, demonstrating what great code looks like, and applying a DevOps mindset. You can expect 50% of your time to be spent on coding and reviewing code.
- Building culture and best practices: You will help us become an exceptional place to work for the ambitious and highly motivated people we hire. You will use your expert tech knowledge to influence, coach and up-skill a team through implementing engineering best practices and be an inspiration to the rest of the team.
- The position will involve working closely with product, test, hardware, graphics and other teams based in UK, but also with regional teams in APAC, US and South Africa.
- Currently, the majority of the team are working remotely and most international trade shows and travel stands have been cancelled, but once restrictions are lifted, there will be potential for global travel.
FreshtechIT Limited acts as an Employment Business for contract and temporary recruitment as well as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies.
We always aim to respond to all applications immediately, however, from time to time this may not always be possible, and we thank you in advance for your patience.