Software Engineering Manager - Global Ecommerce client *Relocation offered* Onsite
A world-leading e-commerce organisation based in the heart of Zurich are seeking a talented Software Engineering Manager. You will be the manager responsible, along with your team, to build, deliver and maintain our Enterprise Core Systems that support Sales and Production.
This role includes some amount of hands-on activities and you will be often implementing solutions or coaching the team. You play a crucial role in balancing the importance of quality, normally promoted by the architects, with the importance of delivering a working system that fulfills business needs.
The role will be a 50% focus on People and Leadership and 50% focus on Technologies and Software Engineering.
The Engineering Manager will have the following experience:
- Good working experience as a Team Leader or in a similar manager role with a team of at least 4 people
- Facilitator, coach, mentor, ability to solve and mitigate the typical problems arising in team leadership
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related Engineering discipline
- Good working experience in software development of complex business critical industry solutions
- Strong background in Microsoft .NET (or Java but with at least 2 years of experience in . NET)
- Hands-on experience in designing/developing web services and REST API development, with knowledge and preferably working experience with microservice architectures
- Familiarity with object-oriented programming design paradigms
- Nice to have: knowledge of cloud technologies and experience with cloud providers like AWS, Google Cloud, or Microsoft Azure
We are offering a competitive basic+ benefits+ relocation to any candidates not living in Zurich.
Please contact info AT freshtechit for more information and to book an initial phone consultation.