This is a Platform Engineer role as part of an expanding DevOps team of 3 due to growth within the online retail company, who have a unique approach to retail! A solid knowledge of DevOps practices, AWS, Kubernetes and Docker is needed but you will also be working very closely with the software development team, so some previous knowledge of this would certainly help. As an e-commerce business their IT infrastructure and services are integral to what they do and so it is an area of heavy investment both in employees and ensuring they maintain a modern technological environment.
This is a truly collaborative environment in a talented team that will push you to develop whether that be pair programming or bi-annual hackathons. Although you will be challenged you c an always unwind in the modern offices or give the office dog some love. If you have read this far and it looks good see below for more details and get in touch!
What you'll do:
- Develop tools and automation processes to improve reliability and reduce the need for manual tasks
- Help to define metrics for reliability, ensuring services are capable of meeting them
- Work closely with the development teams with a keen focus on tooling, scalability and reliability
- Troubleshoot and identify issues across the entire stack from networking to software
- Share all work publicly with the team to work to best practice with a collaborative approach
- You will help ensure the team are keeping the high standards of the company and actively imparting your knowledge into the wider team through a variety of hands on methods
What you need:
- Strong knowledge of DevOps, Platform Engineering, build and release management and reliability
- AWS, Kubernetes, Docker and some knowledge of software programming
- A good communicator able to have complex conversations with both technical and non-technical people
What you'll get:
- 33 days holiday
- Company pension
- Work from home once a week
- Amazing team socials
- Generous staff discount, Eye-test vouchers and Cycle-to-work scheme
- Opportunities for professional development and career progression
- Eye-test vouchers, Cycle-to-work scheme
There is plenty more I could say about this great business and its benefits but I can only write so much here so get in touch to find out more! We are an equal opportunities recruiter and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.