Yorkshire but remote working at present.
Currently seeking for a mechatronics design engineer to join the hardware development team to design and develop cutting edge systems for the gaming industry.
Salary range for this position - £30,000 - £33,000
The Ideal Candidate:
- Knowledge and experience of microcontroller-based modules (Atmel AVR, SAM C21, E51), which incorporate: motor control; solenoid control; analogue sensor processing circuits; data buses (CAN, RS485 and USB); display drivers; and high-power LED drivers
- Experience of PCB layout design with CAD tools (Easy PC preferred)
- Experience of mechanical design of assemblies and enclosures with CAD tools (SolidWorks preferred)
- Ability to rapidly absorb legacy designs and implement improvements
- Experience with working with production teams
- Must be passionate about technology and design, and be excited by the opportunity to learn
- Excellent communication skills to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Experience of producing product development plans and driving development projects
The Job Role:
- Responsible for the generation of innovative yet practical product designs within a multi-disciplinary team, working closely with other mechanical, electronic and software developers
- Driving the development of products through the full life cycle, from initial concepts and technology demonstrators, through to the detailed design stages and into manufacture
- Detailed design and validation of electro-mechanical products
- Generation of manufacturing packs, including schematic designs, PCB layouts, circuit assembly drawings, mechanical drawings, test instructions, and test reports
- Ensuring designs meet the standards of the department, and contributing to design reviews
- Working effectively and providing support to other members of the product development and manufacturing teams
FreshtechIT Limited acts as an Employment Business for contract and temporary recruitment as well as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies.
We always aim to respond to all applications immediately, however, from time to time this may not always be possible, and we thank you in advance for your patience.