Embedded Engineer (Senior)
Yorkshire but remote working at present.
The Senior Embedded Engineer will be involved in building, launching and maintaining all products globally and reporting to the CTO.
Salary range for this position - £45,000 - £55,000
The Ideal Candidate:
- Proficient in Embedded C, Firmware Design, Linux, Linux Device drivers, real-time OS, Board Support Packages
- Experience in leading embedded software development with designing and validation.
- Proficient in programming for embedded systems - Assembly, C and C++
- Experience working on Linux, RTOS, Micro controllers, and other operating systems.
- Ability to architect embedded system software and solutions.
- Experience in development and testing of device drivers, porting software, re-architecting software.
Responsibilities & Required Skills:
- Understanding the product requirements and architect the optimum embedded software/firmware sub system and system requirements from a long-term perspective and will contribute to all projects that involve firmware and software development.
- To provide guidance on best practices and optimise existing systems and processes.
- With a diverse set of products, you should be able to translate the product level requirements into system/sub system level functional requirements / specification and define the suitable system architecture. Working collaboratively with the rest of the business, the architect would implement new/enhance product designs.
- A key to this role would be to promote and create standardisation and re-usable design libraries that can be reused in subsequent projects.
- Working seamlessly with the cross functional teams in a matrix organisation.
- The Senior Embedded Engineer would be accountable to ensure quality deliverables; performing code reviews to ensure quality of firmware and working hand in hand with the test team to create test plans and test execution.
FreshtechIT Limited acts as an Employment Business for contract and temporary recruitment as well as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies.
We always aim to respond to all applications immediately, however, from time to time this may not always be possible, and we thank you in advance for your patience.